- A young lady from Clark Moores Middle School has been announced as a state wide finalist in the Secretary of State Slogan Contest! Lauryn Robinson’s slogan is “If you want to fight for what you think is right, vote, VOTE!” If you want to VOTE for her, go to www.sos.ky.gov then click ‘Slogan Contest Poll.’ Anyone can vote 15 times per day!
- A free 9 week stress buster class for family caregivers of Alzheimer’s and other dementia related illnesses will be starting now!
The classes will be held from 10:30am to 12:00pm at Morning Point 1400 Gibson Bay. Those attending will be given a workbook, a relaxation CD, and a DVD. Contact Info: 269-8021 Ex-299
- The Richmond Area Arts Center will be offering an exhibit of local artist Karen Olson Williams through February 27th.
The Exhibit features country scenes and horses. Viewing is free at the center 933 Water Street from 9:00AM – 5:00PM Monday- Friday. The paintings are available to the public.
- The Richmond Area Arts Center will feature art classes.
Water color, Calligraphy, and Graphite each Wednesday classes are from 9:30AM – 11:30AM. There is a $17 charge for each 2- hour lesson. To register call the Arts Center!
- Winter Aerobics are happening now through Berea Parks and Recreation until May 4th!
Classes will be held at the Folk Center Monday’s and Thursday’s from 5:35PM- 6:35PM. The cost is 3 dollars per class or get a 10 visit punch card for only $25! Every time you attend an event, your name will go into a monthly drawing. For more info, call 986-9402 or visit the Berea Parks and Recreation Facebook Page.
Richmond Girls Softball Signups on Saturday, February 21st!
All girls between 4-17 are welcome to signup to learn the game of fast pitch softball. Come on out to Madison Indoor between 10AM-2PM on Saturday, February 21st or register online at www.richmondgirlssoftball.com.
- The Annual Valentine’s Dance for Individuals with Special Needs presented by Berea Parks and Recreation.
On Friday, February 13 from 7Pm-9PM, come out for a night of snacks and music! This FREE event will be held at the Folk Center, featuring a live DJ and FREE hair styling for all participants by Tease Hair Studio. Call 985-7979 to reserve a spot for the day of the dance between 5PM-7PM. There will also be makeup applied by a Mary Kay representative!
- Thursday, February 19, 2015 @ 6:30PM Richmond Parks and Recreation will be hosting a meeting for their adult softball league.
The meeting will take place in the Richmond Parks and Recreation Basement on 321 N.Second Street. For more information, call 623-8753.
- Berea Parks and Recreation presents Toddler Tuesday’s every Tuesday in February.
Toddlers and parents can play fun activities at the Folk Center in Berea from 10AM-12PM for FREE! Call 986-9402 or visit the Berea Parks and Recreation Facebook Page
- Enrollment Open for The Place to Be
Enrollment is open for The Place to Be, a free respite program for community based elders with memory disorders starting Thursday, February 26th and Friday, February 27th. This program provides social interaction and opportunities to participate in crafts, physical activities, cooking, music, leisure, cognitive vitality and more! Clients have one on one interaction with Masters level Occupational Therapy students to meet their individual needs. Caregivers are provided with needed respite while clients engage in fun, stimulating activities that support overall function. For additional information or referral contact Katherine Nicholas at (859) 893-0653 or email Theplacetobe@eku.edu.
Event Date: Starting February 26, 2015
Location: Eastern Kentucky University
- 2015 Walk it! Run it! Cure it! 5K Race. March 14, 2015
Run/walk begins at 11:00 am
Cost $25 Adult $15 Child
Visit http://fcpsalltogether.net to register
Enjoy a Walk/Run at the beautiful Keeneland Race Course. The race begins between the Keeneland Library and Keene Barn and winds through the gently rolling hills of the Keeneland complex. The course is open but there will be plenty of volunteers to help guide you and keep you safe.
The race, hosted by FCPS All Together for A Cure, will benefit American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
- Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass Bowl for Kid’s Sake March 22nd from 1pm-4pm!
If you’re looking for a way to help change the life of a child for the better while having a little fun, Bowl for Kids’ Sake is right up your alley! Grab a group of five and join us for the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass Bowl For Kids’ Sake at Galaxy Bowling Alley on March 22nd from 1pm-4pm. Your team can raise donations by using pledge sheets and our convenient online fundraising system. For more information visit the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass website at bbbs-bluegrass.org or contact Glenn Means at email@example.com or 859-231-8181.
- The SunShine Cloggers Silent Auction March 28th 2pm-4pm!
The SunShine Cloggers of Richmond will be holding a silent auction at Clark Moores Middle School! All proceeds will go towards a trip to Walt Disney World where the group will be representing the city of Richmond. If you would like to donate cash or an auction item, Contact the cloggers (859) 893-5499!
Want to be featured on our page? Let us know below!