- A free 9 week stress buster class for family caregivers of Alzheimer’s and other dementia related illnesses will be starting now!
The classes will be held from 10:30am to 12:00pm at Morning Point 1400 Gibson Bay. Those attending will be given a workbook, a relaxation CD, and a DVD. Contact Info: 269-8021 Ex-299
- The Richmond Area Arts Center will be offering an exhibit of local artist Karen Olson Williams through February 27th.
The Exhibit features country scenes and horses. Viewing is free at the center 933 Water Street from 9:00AM – 5:00PM Monday- Friday. The paintings are available to the public.
- The Richmond Area Arts Center will feature art classes.
Water color, Calligraphy, and Graphite each Wednesday classes are from 9:30AM – 11:30AM. There is a $17 charge for each 2- hour lesson. To register call the Arts Center!
- Winter Aerobics are happening now through Berea Parks and Recreation until May 4th!
Classes will be held at the Folk Center Monday’s and Thursday’s from 5:35PM- 6:35PM. The cost is 3 dollars per class or get a 10 visit punch card for only $25! Every time you attend an event, your name will go into a monthly drawing. For more info, call 986-9402 or visit the Berea Parks and Recreation Facebook Page.
- Red Barn Radio Welcomes David and Valerie Mayfield January 28th at 8PM!
It wasn’t too long ago the Mayfield family band One Way Rider was traversing the country, playing bluegrass and old-time music before the genres became hip thanks to bands like the Avett Brothers and the Old Crow Medicine Show.Now empty nesters, bluegrass musicians David and Valerie Mayfield are pursuing their own musical careers, while critically-acclaimed kids, Jessica Lea and David, are becoming national acts. The younger David leads the David Mayfield Parade. Jessica Lea is an up-and-coming solo artist.As for the couple’s style, it’s steeped in old school bluegrass and classic country and newgrass, has been compared to the likes of Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner, Tony Rice, The Dillards, Keith Whitley, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill, and many more, but most importantly is that they have their own sound, and it is fantastic! Tight harmonies and hold on for some fast picking too! ArtsPlace, 161 N Mill St, Lexington, Ky 40507 www.redbarnradio.com
- The Annual Sweetheart Chill Luncheon and Purse Auction Fundraiser presented by The Richmond Senior Citizens Center
On Friday, February 9, head to Central Bank (located on 350 W. Main Street in Richmond) between 11am-1pm! Lunch for singles is $7 and $11 for couples. There will also be purses to bid on through a silent auction, where all proceeds will go to the senior citizens center. Lunch will include chili, dessert, and a drink. For more information, call 859-623-0474
- The Annual Valentine’s Dance for Individuals with Special Needs presented by Berea Parks and Recreation.
On Friday, February 13 from 7Pm-9PM, come out for a night of snacks and music! This FREE event will be held at the Folk Center, featuring a live DJ and FREE hair styling for all participants by Tease Hair Studio. Call 985-7979 to reserve a spot for the day of the dance between 5PM-7PM. There will also be makeup applied by a Mary Kay representative!
- Thursday, February 19, 2015 @ 6:30PM Richmond Parks and Recreation will be hosting a meeting for their adult softball league.
The meeting will take place in the Richmond Parks and Recreation Basement on 321 N.Second Street. For more information, call 623-8753.
- Berea Parks and Recreation presents Toddler Tuesday’s every Tuesday in February.
Toddlers and parents can play fun activities at the Folk Center in Berea from 10AM-12PM for FREE! Call 986-9402 or visit the Berea Parks and Recreation Facebook Page
- Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass Bowl for Kid’s Sake March 22nd from 1pm-4pm!
If you’re looking for a way to help change the life of a child for the better while having a little fun, Bowl for Kids’ Sake is right up your alley! Grab a group of five and join us for the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass Bowl For Kids’ Sake at Galaxy Bowling Alley on March 22nd from 1pm-4pm. Your team can raise donations by using pledge sheets and our convenient online fundraising system. For more information visit the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass website at bbbs-bluegrass.org or contact Glenn Means at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-231-8181.